Making bird seed ornaments are a simply and fun craft for children to do!
What you will need:
- Any kind of Bird Seed
- Peanut butter
- Paper and scissors
How to make your Ornament:
- Cut out a shape with your scissors and your paper (such as a heart) and also tie a string to the top of your shape so that you can hang your ornament when it’s finished.
- Next take your shape and spread peanut butter all over one side of your shape.
- Then take the side with the peanut butter and smash it into a plate of bird seed until there is bird seed covering the entire peanut butter surface.
When you are finished you can hang your ornament outside on a tree or a bush and watch the birds enjoy their treat! Easy as that!
Tired of annoying mosquito bites? Avoid the cost of mosquito traps at the store and just make your own! It is quick and simple. All you need is an empty 2 liter bottle, yeast, sugar, and water.
What to do:
1. Cut off the top of the bottle, just where the the top curve ends
2. Add mixture of:
– 1 tbs of yeast
–1/2 c of sugar
– Luke warm water
3. Put mixture in the bottom of the bottle
4. Place the cut off top of the bottle up-side down into the bottom of the bottle
5. Make sure the the mixture doesn’t touch the up-side down piece of the bottle. (This is so the mosquitoes can’t find their way out.)
6. Tape or staple the end of the bottle together to secure the hold.
Simple as that and your DIY Mosquito trap is complete! The mixture gives off Carbon Dioxide which is what we breathe out and attracts mosquitoes to us. That gives them something else to dive into that doesn’t cause us irritation!
After all your hard work planting your garden, unwanted weeds can often grow in between your crops and take needed water and nutrients from your plants. The Earthquake Mini Cultivator Tiller MC43 is a perfect solution to this problem. This small, lightweight Cultivator can easily rid your garden of those pesky weeds. It is easy to push between your crop rows and small enough that you won’t damage the plants you do want to keep. As an added benefit, your soil will be aerated and the weeds will be pushed underground where they will provide nutrients to your crops. This Cultivator features a 43cc Viper engine with a 250 RPM tine speed, 10” tilling width and an adjustable 4” tilling depth, and is easy to assemble and carry.
As everyone knows it is getting that time of year, where it rains and rains and rains, but it is only preparing us for what is to come with our colorful surroundings. Our Rural King Store Locations have their Green Houses up and going for you to come and visit. When you visit you will see a variety of flowers, plants, trees, and shrubs that will look great in your landscape, but will need the lovely rain water that is occurring to help them grow. Not only will we have your flowers, plants, trees and shrubs, we carry all of your landscaping needs from from mulch, dirt, fertilizer, weed killer, food for your flowers, plants, trees, and shrubs, and landscaping decorations. Go take a look out at your local Rural King in order to spruce up your landscaping needs.
Now is the time to tune up the mowers and get your lawn in top shape! According to our friends at Brinly-Hardy Company, the two best things you can do in the Spring/Fall is to 1) Aerate your lawn and 2) Spread seed and fertilizer:
- Aeration: This process helps to loosen compacted soil to allow water, air and nutrients to reach a lawn’s root system.
- Spread Seed and Fertilizer: This aids in providing a lawn the nutrients it needs to fend off weeds and help grow strong roots and the thick, green grass you long for.
This being said, RuralKing.com has teamed up with Brinly-Hardy Company to bring you some great deals on these 3 great products to get you growing at a great price!
Brinly-Hardy Spring 2013 Promotion