Spring is fast approaching and we all know what that means……SPRING CLEANING! I know just the thought can make you cringe but we all know it must be done. After being cooped up in our homes for the past few months every inch of our homes has been used at some point and most likely not as clean as we would like. I have found a great cleaning check list and an awesome website for natural homemade cleaners. I hope you find this as helpful as I did, happy cleaning!
*The best spring cleaning website I found for a complete checklist-
*All natural –making your own cleaners from household products-
**Some areas I find troublesome:
This is the perfect time to weed out some of the clothes you are have been hanging onto that no longer fit or have outstayed their welcome. Buy some new hangers and start organizing and putting away all of the space hogging winter clothing.
*Cleaning tiles and grout: ½ cup baking soda into 2 gallons of water, who would have thought it would be so simple?!
*Cleaning your granite: soap scum or mildew- ½ cut ammonia in a gallon of water/ coffee and juice stains- use a little hydrogen peroxide in water plus just a few drops of ammonia.
Go check out your local Rural King, you will find all you need to make the cleaners yourself and the supplies to put the cleaners to the test!!
Links to the Ruralking.com website for the some of the essential items needed to get the job done:
Libman Brand: http://search.ruralking.com/search?view=grid&w=libman
Recently I have felt, I have been getting announcements of a new baby going to be arriving in approximately 9 months, a baby shower occurring for an expectant mother, or a baby has been welcomed into the world. I sometimes feel it is a struggle with knowing what type of gift to provide. Local Rural King Store as well as RuralKing.com have a great RealTree APG Baby Boy Camouflage Outfit Set or RealTree APG Baby Girl Camouflage Outfit Set. Each RealTree APG Baby Camouflage Set includes a 0 to 3 months onesie, bib, pad, booties, and a BPA free bottle. So the next time you get a form of a baby announcement, don’t hesitate on a gift. Either visit your Local Rural King or RuralKing.com to purchase the RealTree APG Baby Boy or Baby Girl Camouflage Set.
Spring is finally right around the corner and to me nothing says Spring like getting your car taken care of after a long, brutal winter. Did you know that there are particles in your antifreeze that can lead to clogs in your cooling system? This clogging can lead to overheating which can ultimately damage your engine. It is recommended that you flush your system at least every few years and I cannot think of a better time than the beginning of Spring.
Prestone Anti-freeze Gallon SKU 6060044
Wedco 4 Gallon Oil Drain Pan W76 SKU 4560054
Part 1: Tee Attachment and Flush Preparation
- Check the engine to make sure it is no longer hot. Loosen the radiator cap to release any pressure still left, and then re-tighten.
- Place a pan or bucket under the radiator plug beneath the car to catch the old antifreeze. Elevating the car on ramps may help the process.
- Splice the “Flush Tee” to the heater inlet hose. The heater inlet hose usually runs between the firewall and the top of the radiator. This may be done using a clamp and a couple of screws.
Part 2: Attach the Coupler and Back Washing
- Remove the cap covering the tee as well as the radiator cap. Attach a coupler to the flushing tee to prevent backwash. The black part should attach to the tee and the yellow part should attach to a garden hose. On cars with no radiator cap (or reservoir cap), flush by disconnecting the upper radiator hose.
- Flush with tap water until it runs clear. A cleaning solution may have also been provided in the antifreeze flush kit.
Part 3: Refill
- Mix antifreeze according to what your climate needs, somewhere between a 50% and 70% mix.
- Pour the amount you measured into your radiator, reservoir or thermostat opening. Some leakage of water and diluted antifreeze will come out of the tee.
- Recap the tee and tighten the clamp by hand. Replace your radiator cap and run your car for 10 minutes after it reaches its running temperature.
- Allow your engine to cool again and check antifreeze levels. Add more as needed.
I don’t know about you, but my kids are always starving when they get home from school. Here’s an easy way to make them healthy, delicious snacks instead of giving them greasy chips or fat laden snack cakes or sandwich pockets.
Use Nesco dehydrators to make homemade jerky or various tasty fruit chips such as apples, bananas, strawberries, kiwi or pineapple
1 pound lean ground beef with
1 packet each Nesco®/American Harvest® jerky spice and cure.
(8 flavors to choose from)
Thoroughly mix meat, spice and cure together in a bowl. Form into strips using the NESCO®/American Harvest® Jerky Works™ Kit. Place meat strips on your Nesco/American Harvest® dehydrator trays, and dry at its highest temperature setting for 5 to 8 hours, or until done
You can also use the dehydrator to dry herbs and vegetables for use in soups and stews.
This Homemade Jerky Recipe also is great for making venison jerky and turkey jerky.
For these and many other Nesco products, visit your local Rural King store, or go online to ruralking.com or nesco.com
So this means rain,puddles,mud, things our kids love to get into!
so make sure you get some rain boots this spring
But don’t worry about them being wet and gross!
make sure you pick up Dry Guy MaxxDry Silent boot shoe dryer
The MaxxDrySD™ is a safe, silent, simple, overnight way to dry footwear! Using thermal convection – naturally rising warm air – the MaxxDrySD™ removes dampness, perspiration and odor from all types of shoes or boots. Warm air gradually rises to dry rain soaked shoes or hard to dry boots harmlessly. Overnight! Using just minimal watts, the MaxxDrySD™ is a cost- effective economically friendly tool for daily use to dry or warm footwear. Because the MaxxDrySD™ slowly dries there’s no fear of shrinkage or stiffness and no need to remove shoes or boots promptly. You can even safely store shoes or boots right on the unit until ready to use again. The MaxxDrySD™ “Silent Dry” is totally uncomplicated – just plug it in! Whether you work outdoors or encounter the soccer nation we believe your family deserves to start each day with dry, comfortable footwear. And, a dry comfortable shoe is a healthy choice. The MaxxDrySD™ carries a 30 year warranty against defective materials or workmanship.
- Eliminates Odors Caused by Perspiration and Bacteria
- Removes Contaminants Like Viruses and Mold That Cause Skin Irritation and Deterioration of Materials
- Extends the Life of Footwear and Gear
- Is Ideal For All Types of Materials Including Leather, PVC, Rubber, Neoprene, Canvas, Synthetics, Cloth, Fleece, Felt, Micro and all Modern Fabrics
- Assembled Depth: 9.25″
- Assembled Height: 21.25″
- Assembled Width: 10″
- Color: Grey
- Material: Plastic
*please check with your local store for both items to be sure they are in stock!*