Salt dough prints are a great DIY gift for mom, dad, grandma, or grandpa. The kids can help with this craft (no matter what age, really). Salt dough prints are quick, easy, and fun! If you can’t think of anything for that special someone, this is the route to go! Follow the instructions to create a one-of-a-kind gift using products you can pick up on your next trip to Rural King!
DIY Salt Dough Foot Prints
You Will Need:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed into a ball.
- Add more water if needed.
- Shape the ball of dough into whatever shape you like.
- Put your design (Handprints/Footprints) on top of the new shape.
- Place your shaped stone on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 200° F for 3 hours.
- Make sure it is dry and cooled.
- Paint the stone if you’d like!
- Let it dry and you have a nice, homemade gift!
Great Gifts for the Family
Homemade crafts are a great way for kids to make gifts for mom & dad, grandma & grandpa, or even a teacher because they are personal. Plus, it helps when they are so easy and cheap to make.
You can make ornaments for the Christmas tree. Simply add a hole large enough for ribbon or twine and tie a nice bow. They look adorable on any tree!
Salt dough prints also make great accent pieces for flower beds or gardens. Make sure to paint your prints with a bright, warm color to make them pop amongst the dark brown soil or mulch.
No matter where or who these gifts go to, they will leave a lasting, personal touch to any birthday, Christmas, or Valentines Day.
Crafting with Rural King
We love creating fun DIYs! For more fun crafts, visit our DIY Blog Category. Follow our step by step instructions to create all kinds of fun, rural-themed projects.
We post here every Friday, so make sure to bookmark this page and come back to visit us. If you have any ideas of what we should post next or have a question, please leave me a comment in the section below!