Are you looking for a fun and easy project the whole family can enjoy? Have a fun craft day making homemade bird feeders This is the perfect project for spring! Makes approx 2 bird feeders.
What you will need to get started:
- 2 packets of gelatin
- 2/3 cups of water
- 2 cups of Rural King bird seed
- Cooking Spray
- Wax or parchment paper
- Cookie cutter or mason jar lids
- In a small saucepan mix the gelatin and water. Stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Once the mix is dissolved turn on to a medium heat continue to stir until gelatin simmers and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in 2 Cups of Bird Seed. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- While the seed is cooling like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure to spray the insides of the cookie cutters to prevent sticking. It’s also a good idea to spray the straws.
- Next you can start spooning in the bird seed to fill the cookie cutter.
- Insert a straw into the mixture.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for about an hour or until they are solid.
- Remove the straws and tie with twine.
- Lastly hang them in the yard and enjoy watching the birds.