Father’s Day June 16th, 2013
Father’s Day Gifts
Well Father’s Day is just around the corner. You got mom taken care of, she was happy and now it’s dad’s turn. Not sure what to get him or you do and not sure where to find it. Come in to Rural King! We have great stuff that he will love. We have lots of great crossbows by Barnett. If you have someone who likes to garden the Earthway Garden Seeder is a fantastic gift. You might also want to check out our Remington knives. If you have something in mind please gives a call and we will be glad to assist you in finding what you need for your Father. You can contact us at 1-800-561-1752 and talk to one of our knowledgeable customer service team members.
Are you looking for that one-of-a-kind centerpiece for either a graduation, wedding, party, or even just a house decoration? What about creating your own vintage picture.
Supplies You Will Need:
How to Create:
Step 1: You will need to begin with the Mason Jar, Picture, and Glue. Glue the picture into the mason jar.
Step 2: From there you will need to add vegetable oil. The vegetable oil is what makes the picture look vintage.
Step 3: (Optional): Now you can add decorations to the Jar. You may either add dried flowers, pebbles, or anything else that would make the centerpiece more memorable (like pieces from the time frame).
Step 4: It is now time to finish. Place the lid on top of the mason jar and tighten the lid.
Now it is time to decorate. You may also use this vintage picture as a gift for any occasion.
I hope that everyone had a fantastic Mother’s Day!
Today I will be talking about one of our most popular weed killers, Drexel Imitator Plus. Drexel is the generic form of RoundUp and it control weeds, grasses and brush. The functions and benefits of Drexel include the following:
- Contains 41 percent Glyphosate
- Same Active Ingredient as RoundUp
- Use “over-the-top” on RoundUp Ready Corn, Cotton and Soybeans.
- One Quart — Makes well over 10 gallons of liquid spray. Read label before using.
- One Gallon — Makes well over 40 gallons of ready to use spray. Read label before using.
- 2.5 Gallons — Makes well over 100 gallons of ready to use spray. Read label before using.
Need a sprayer to distribute your Drexel? Why not take a look at these!
Unfortunately due to different state and county regulations we are unable to ship to Nevada, Utah, and Washington.
For Product Label: click here
For MSDS Sheet: click here
Stepping stones are a great way to dress up your garden, but can be quite pricey. So why not spend an afternoon making your own garden stepping stones? They are super easy and fun to make for the whole family!
There are tons of different kinds of stepping stone, weather you want to add them to your garden or just accent a walkway into your backyard stepping stones make cool landscape accessories. They can also make great gifts, although they may be a little heavy to wrap!
What you will need:
- Concrete (you can find this in your local Rural King store or special stepping stone concrete at a craft store)
- Plastic mold (you can also find these at craft stores, but you can also use a pie pan or a plastic pot drainage saucer which is also found in our Rural King stores.)
- Decorations such as paint, shells, marbles and glass beads or pieces of a wind chime.
What to do:
- Put on a pair of plastic gloves and lay out a few sheets of newspaper to cover the floor.
- Pick which mold you’ll use to make your stepping stone.
- Mix the cement according to the instructions on the package and pour it in the plastic mold container. It should be at least two inches thick.
- Depending on how you want to embellish your stepping stone, start decorating it while the cement is still soft or wait at least 24 hrs for it to dry before removing it from the container.
Stepping stones: before the cement hardens, you can make a hand or footprint, stick on shells and glass beads or use cookie cutters to make cool shapes. You can use anything lying around your house to jazz up your stepping stones. If you’re more of a painter, then wait for the cement to completely dry before you paint your stepping stone!
Tired of annoying mosquito bites? Avoid the cost of mosquito traps at the store and just make your own! It is quick and simple. All you need is an empty 2 liter bottle, yeast, sugar, and water.
What to do:
1. Cut off the top of the bottle, just where the the top curve ends
2. Add mixture of:
– 1 tbs of yeast
–1/2 c of sugar
– Luke warm water
3. Put mixture in the bottom of the bottle
4. Place the cut off top of the bottle up-side down into the bottom of the bottle
5. Make sure the the mixture doesn’t touch the up-side down piece of the bottle. (This is so the mosquitoes can’t find their way out.)
6. Tape or staple the end of the bottle together to secure the hold.
Simple as that and your DIY Mosquito trap is complete! The mixture gives off Carbon Dioxide which is what we breathe out and attracts mosquitoes to us. That gives them something else to dive into that doesn’t cause us irritation!