Hello, as Spring turns into Summer it is always important to think about proper home care, such as making sure all the rain from the Spring has not created a leak in your basement foundation, or if it has, stopping the leak before it can cause a costly situation. Using these steps can help save you money and give you peace of mind that you should not suffer a costly repair bill.
Waterproof the walls internally. Internal waterproofing is a process in which the walls need to be removed and a process of waterproofing from the foundation, windows, and drain runs into a basement sump pump.
Wayne Submersible 1/3 HP Sump Pump RSP130
Waterproof the walls externally. External waterproofing work is a major job because it requires removing the debris around the external wall foundation, all the way down to the foundation level.
Thompsons WaterSeal Clear Multi Surface Waterproofer Gallon Low VOC
Insulate the external walls with the external waterproofing product in at least two layers in order to have the basement completely clean.
- 1-2 liter soda bottle
- a sharp knife
- black paper
- candy thermometer
Take a 2 liter soda bottle. Cut off the top right below where it starts to narrow for the top, invert and place inside the lower half.
Make a simple sugar syrup.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cool water
- 1 tsp. active dry yeast
Bring 1 cup of the water to a boil.
Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water.
Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in 2 cups cool water, stir well.
Check the temperature of the syrup to make sure it is no hotter than 90 degrees F, if hotter, let cool to 90 degrees F, add 1 tsp. active dry yeast, no need to mix. Put syrup in the bottom part of the bottle, using the cut off neck piece, leave in place.
Be sure to seal the two parts of the bottle with the tape. The fermenting yeast will release carbon dioxide. Put black paper around the bottle since mosquitoes like dark places and carbon dioxide. This mosquito trap will then start working.
TIPS: Put the trap in a dark and humid place for 2 weeks, you’ll see the effect. You’ll have to replace the sugar water + yeast solution every 2 weeks.
On sale till 6/28 is the 16” Oscillating Pedestal Fan! This fan is normally $19.99 and on sale for $16.99!!!
I personally have one of these fans. I’ve had it for almost two years now and even after using it every single day it still works great!
How cool is that? We love this fan because it is quiet and we can adjust it depending on how hot we are. You can also adjust the height and set it so it doesn’t oscillate, if you want. Also it is super easy to put together! I did it all by myself.
Check it out!!
When I walk outside it is evident the warm summer months are just around the corner. I am finding myself looking for shady places to relax outside with my dogs. I have the perfect solution to this problem, the EZ UP 12′x12′ Regency Blue Instant Shelter Canopy Tent! This can be taken anywhere and sets up so easily!
Well-suited for family outings, the 12’ x 12’ Regency shelter folds up compactly and fits in most car trunks for E-Z transport and storage.
- White, powder-coated, rust-resistant frame
- 12′x12′ Straight Leg Design
- Adjustable legs allow three height options
- Weights just 54 lbs.
- 2 year warranty
- Comes with handy roller bag
Now this summer when you want to have any outdoor activity and need a little shade this is the answer! Affordable and easy to use you cannot loose with the EZ UP Canopy Tent.
Craft and home improvement projects can lead to paint stains on walls, stone and clothing. The best way to avoid this is covering objects with drop cloths and wearing old clothing; however, they can sometimes be removed from fabric. Find out more about how to remove paint from clothes by reading the laundry tips below.
1. Do not apply water to a fresh or dried oil paint stain.
2. Buy an oil paint solvent like Distilled Turpentine at the home improvement store when you buy your paint. Keep it on hand for oil based stains.
3. Apply the oil paint solvent to the article of clothing.
4. Rub the solvent against the stain using other clothing fabic
5. Wipe up the solvent and stain with a clean rag.
6. Repeat application of the solvent, if much of the stain remains.
7. Fill a bucket with warm water. Mix with dish washing soap, which can cut the grease in the paint and solvent.
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, Original Scent, 24 oz 22205
8. Soak the article of clothing for 1 hour.
9. Launder the piece of clothing immediately.
- If the oil solvent doesn’t effectively treat paint stains, dip a cotton ball in turpentine and apply it to the stain. Rub gently. Launder it immediately following the application.