Craft and home improvement projects can lead to paint stains on walls, stone and clothing. The best way to avoid this is covering objects with drop cloths and wearing old clothing; however, they can sometimes be removed from fabric. Find out more about how to remove paint from clothes by reading the laundry tips below.
1. Do not apply water to a fresh or dried oil paint stain.
2. Buy an oil paint solvent like Distilled Turpentine at the home improvement store when you buy your paint. Keep it on hand for oil based stains.
3. Apply the oil paint solvent to the article of clothing.
4. Rub the solvent against the stain using other clothing fabic
5. Wipe up the solvent and stain with a clean rag.
6. Repeat application of the solvent, if much of the stain remains.
7. Fill a bucket with warm water. Mix with dish washing soap, which can cut the grease in the paint and solvent.
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, Original Scent, 24 oz 22205
8. Soak the article of clothing for 1 hour.
9. Launder the piece of clothing immediately.
- If the oil solvent doesn’t effectively treat paint stains, dip a cotton ball in turpentine and apply it to the stain. Rub gently. Launder it immediately following the application.
You Might Also Like::