It’s always a struggle when you’re cooking for a crowd. You want to be a good host, engage your guests, and have fun, but you also want great tasting food. Well, you could call a caterer…or you could simply grab a slow cooker and follow the recipes below to create great party dishes you will love. Read on to find out what foods can cook while you enjoy your party.
Why You Need a Slow Cooker
Today, it can be tough to find time to plan, prep, and cook a meal. This is especially time-consuming when you have to do that for all the food at your party.
Slow cookers allow you to add meat and ingredients to a container and walk away. It takes the hassle out of cooking after work throughout the week and gives you a bit of extra time to relax.
Get the Cooker That Matches Your Cooking Style
There are many varieties and sizes of slow cookers. I have two different sizes and styles, but for someone who cooks for parties quite often, you may need more.
Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Stay-or-Go Slow Cooker: Perfect for taking meals on the go or just cooking for your family at home. It’s large enough for a whole chicken!
5 Slow Cooker Recipes for Your Next Party
Below are some of the tastiest, slow cooker recipes I’ve found for Summer parties. I’ve attached a link with each recipe for step by step instructions.
Pineapple BBQ Crock Pot Baked Beans
This recipe is perfect for summer cookouts. The great baked beans you know and love with a kick tangy pineapple for a great summery taste.
- 2 15-oz cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can pineapple chunks, drained (juice reserved if desired) OR 1/2 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped bacon
- 1 18-oz bottle BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water OR reserved pineapple juice
Add everything to a 4-5 quart slow cooker and stir until well combined. Cook on low for 4 hours. Stir. Serve when ready!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
I personally love coleslaw with my pulled pork sandwiches, so here is a link to a fantastic Coleslaw for Pulled Pork Recipe Video from How to BBQ Right. (fitting, don’t you think!)
This recipe comes from Nourishing Joy
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 – 3 ½ pounds pork shoulder or pork loin (NOT tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon additive-free liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cold water (optional)
Honey Buffalo Meatballs
The sweetness of honey meats the kick of buffalo. These meatballs are so savory and delicious. They are sure to be a big hit at your next gathering!
Brought to you by Carls Bad Cravings
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 22 saltine crackers, crushed (approx. 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup dry minced onion
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH: chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
Yes, you can cook your desserts in your slow cooker! What’s better than having a sweet, tasty cobbler? – having one that cooks itself!
Recipe from The Recipe Rebel
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups mixed berries of choice fresh or frozen
Slow Cooker Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
I am a sucker for some spinach dip. It tastes so fresh and light. Just add some crackers or your favorite dippable chips and you’re ready to go!
Recipe from Together As Family
- 1 bag (10 oz) fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can (13.75 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What is Your Favorite Slow Cooker Dish?
Let us know what some of your favorite slow cooker dishes are in the comment section below!
You can find more great recipes in our Recipes Category.
Since Labor Day marks the end of summer, you may want to try some of these 5 Refreshing Treats we made for 4th of July; very festive and delicious!