Can’t decide between Brownies or Cookies?? Get creative and make yourself some BROOKIES!! It is my favorite dessert as well as extremely easy to make..
For the brownie layer:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
For the Cookie layer:
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- For the brownie layer, melt chocolate chips with butter for 1 1/2 minutes in microwave safe glass bowl. Stir until smooth. Add sugar, flour and eggs and combine completely.
- Pour into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- For the cookie dough, beet Crisco with butter. Beat in milk, vanilla, sugars, peanut butter and egg. Add flour salt and baking powder.
- Drop cookie dough onto brownie batter layer. Smooth evenly.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Refrigerate and cut into bars.
If you are really feel like it, you can use store bought cookie dough and brownie mix and it would be seriously amazing as well, but we all know everything is better when it is homemade!!