Can’t decide between Brownies or Cookies?? Get creative and make yourself some BROOKIES!! It is my favorite dessert as well as extremely easy to make..
For the brownie layer:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
For the Cookie layer:
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- For the brownie layer, melt chocolate chips with butter for 1 1/2 minutes in microwave safe glass bowl. Stir until smooth. Add sugar, flour and eggs and combine completely.
- Pour into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- For the cookie dough, beet Crisco with butter. Beat in milk, vanilla, sugars, peanut butter and egg. Add flour salt and baking powder.
- Drop cookie dough onto brownie batter layer. Smooth evenly.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Refrigerate and cut into bars.
If you are really feel like it, you can use store bought cookie dough and brownie mix and it would be seriously amazing as well, but we all know everything is better when it is homemade!!
Well Father’s Day is this weekend and you probably have something great for him, but what about his belly? Something that I know is one of my husbands favorite part of Father’s day is all the delicious food that I make for him. I wanted to give my husbands favorite meal that is easy to make and taste pretty darn good.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
What you will need
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Cups of Rice ( Uncooked )
- 1 Jar of Cheez Whiz
- 2 Medium Size Chicken Breast ( Shredded/Cubed )
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen florets broccoli
- 1 Bag of Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the rice as directed
- Mix chicken, broccoli, and rice in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add cheese, milk, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and onion powder
- Stir it all up well
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 mins
- Take off foil and sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top and let it sit for about 5 mins, serve and ENJOY!
Need a new recipe to bring to Easter dinner this weekend?
Well here is one that everyone will love! Trust me. I found this recipe online recently and just had to try it. It’s so easy and good it is now my “go to” desert recipe! I’ve served it to family and friends several times and always get compliments. They are super easy to make, especially if you have a stand mixer.
Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies
Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies
“Made without butter or flour, these dense, chewy cookies will satisfy even the most intense chocolate craving.”
- 1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave
- While chocolate chips melt beat egg whites in a large bowl till they form soft peaks
- Gradually beat in 2 cups sugar
- Continue beating egg whites and sugar till mixture resembles soft marshmallow cream
- In a small bowl stir together cocoa, cornstarch, and salt
- Slowly beat dry ingredients in to meringue
- Stir chocolate chips into meringue
- Place remaining half cup of sugar in a separate bowl
- Roll dough into small balls (roughly on tablespoon) and coat in powdered sugar (if you have a cookie scoop, they work great!)
- Place dough on cookie sheets 2 inches apart
- Bake until tops crack, about 10 minutes